"No Tricks Bandit" Sought by FBI for Four Successful Valley Bank Robberies
We figured it was only a matter of time before the FBI came up with a new, lame moniker for the man responsible for robbing four Valley banks in the last week and attempting to rob another on Tuesday.
We figured right.
The FBI's bandit-naming department didn't disappoint, either. The federal fuzz is now searching for the "No Tricks Bandit."
"No Tricks" doesn't have the same ring to it as some of the FBI's other, awful bandit names -- the "Average at Best Bandit" and the "Déjà vu Bandit" stand out as the lamest of the lame -- but at least it makes sense.
According to the FBI, the "No Tricks Bandit" walks into a bank, pulls out a threatening demand note that has the phrase "no tricks" written on it, grabs the loot, and gets out of the bank.
The FBI says after the bandit hands the teller the note, he has them put the money in a blue bank bag and leaves.
So far, there has been no vehicle seen in any of the robberies, nor has the man displayed a weapon.
The bandit is described as in his mid 40's, 5-feet-9 to 6-feet tall, and 200 to 250 pounds. The FBI also says while it isn't seen in the above photo, the man may have a pony tail.
The "No Tricks Bandit" has allegedly robbed or attempted to rob the following banks:
- 2/16/10: Chase Bank, 2620 E. Camelback Road, Phoenix.
- 2/16/10: Chase Bank, 6155 N. Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale (Attempted).
- 2/16/10: Bank of America, 6501 N. Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale.
- 2/12/10: Bank of America, 3103 N. Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale.
- 2/12/10: National Bank of Arizona, 3101 N. Central Ave., Phoenix.
Anyone with information on the bandit is asked to call the FBI at (602) 279-5511 or Silent Witness at 480-WITNESS.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Phoenix New Times' biggest stories.
- Another Teacher-Student Sex Scandal — and What Happened to Metro Phoenix's 10 Most...
Wed., Oct. 14, 3:00pm
Thu., Oct. 15, 7:00pm
Thu., Oct. 15, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 17, 7:00pm
- Arizona Driver's License Rules Change Drastically for REAL ID
- Cockfighting Suspect Arrested With 45 Roosters at Phoenix Home