Swine Flu Arizona -- One Case Confirmed; State Schools Chief Says Campus Closures Possible
The latest Internet news on the swine flu:
* The first case in Arizona has been confirmed, and three other cases are suspected. None of the victims were "gravely ill or hospitalized," health officials say.
* The state schools chief says schools reporting a case of swine flu should close the campus immediately to prevent the spread of the virus.
* A 2-year-old Mexican boy suspected to have died from swine flu in Texas had flu symptoms three weeks ago. The boy, who had "underlying health problems," had been brought to Texas from Mexico City on April 4 and developed the symptoms four days later.
Arizona Coyotes vs. San Jose Sharks
TicketsTue., Nov. 1, 7:00pm
Phoenix Suns vs. Portland Trail Blazers
TicketsWed., Nov. 2, 7:00pm
Arizona Coyotes vs. Nashville Predators
TicketsThu., Nov. 3, 7:00pm
Arizona State University Sun Devils Hockey vs. University of Michigan
TicketsFri., Nov. 4, 7:05pm
* Two more schools with suspected cases are closed in New York.
* California schools urge calm.
* A 5-year-old Mexican boy is earliest known case of new swine flu.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss Phoenix New Times' biggest stories.