Will the Arizona Cardinals Be "the NFL's Biggest Surprise"?
ESPN personality Skip Bayless has proclaimed that the Arizona Cardinals will be "the NFL's biggest surprise."
Bayless' job at ESPN just seems to be arguing unpopular opinions, so perhaps this isn't surprising.
However, did you watch the Cards' first preseason game last week against the Green Bay Packers?
Among other things, the Cardinals had:
- A successful goal-line stand against the Packers' first-team offense
- A near-40-yard TD pass from Carson Palmer
- Sacks by both veteran John Abraham and rookie Tyrann Mathieu (although neither sack was on Aaron Rodgers)
- A Patrick Peterson interception (also not on Rodgers)
- A shutout
It's encouraging, if anything. At least it doesn't seem like a team that's going to lose 58-0 to the G.D. Seahawks.
But, after last year's shit-show of a season do you really think the Cardinals can turn it around, and become the "NFL's biggest surprise" this year? (We're assuming "biggest surprise" is a good thing.)
Cast your vote below:
Send feedback and tips to the author.
Follow Matthew Hendley on Twitter at @MatthewHendley.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Phoenix New Times' biggest stories.
- Inmates Accuse Arizona of Experimenting with Lethal-Injection Drugs
- 10 Things Arizonans Hate About Snowbirds
- Scottsdale Couple Are Pioneers in Tiny-Home Movement in Arizona