Phoenix might be the sixth-largest city in the nation, but when summer hits (and the unofficial worm-turner is usually the week after Mother's Day), the local restaurant business drops like a rock. Servers who were busting their butts and making bank a few months earlier slowly turn into coral reefs.
A handful of indie restaurants typically take a "why fight it?" stance, and close up shop for a few days, a few weeks, or even an entire month. The time off gives chefs a chance to relax, re-charge, and maybe even dream up a few new ideas.
If you thought the prospect of a long, hot summer looked dreary before ... take a look at the following list of restaurants, which will be closed for a time -- or open only on specific days -- this summer.
11. Binkley's Restaurant: July 1 through 31
10. Cork: July 1 through 31
9. Crudo: July 1 through 4
8. FnB: Open Thursday, Friday, and Saturday only, August 1 through 31
7. The House at Secret Garden: July 1 through 23
6. House of Tricks: July 1 through 31
5. Pizzeria Bianco: July 1 through 8
4. Posh: July 1 through 4
3. Quiessence: July 1 through 31
2. Rancho Pinot: July 1 through 31
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
1. Razz's Restaurant: June 17 -- until school starts around mid-August