2010 Redux: Eater's Digest
4. Maple Bacon Cupcakes - The reaction you get from people when they see bacon on top of a cupcake will go one of two ways --- complete disgust or an overjoyed smile. There is never, ever anything in between.
3. Garlic Knots - Bread is an addiction for some. Toss is in butter and garlic and it's heavenly. These garlic knots inspired me to drive straight Whole Foods and pick a round of pre-made pizza dough and make my own because who really has time to wait around for dough to rise?
2. Jalapeno Poppers - These have been a huge hit with every single person that has had the opportunity to try these spicy appetizers. It's really a no brain-er, bacon wrap anything and it's going to be a hit.
1. Corn Soup with Butter Poached Lobster - What do you do with a harvest of backyard sweet corn? You make soup that take almost as long to make as it took to grow the corn. The 3 long hours it took to make this was well worth it and we are definiatly looking forward to 2011 harvest to make it again.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Hidden Track Bottle Shop: Boutique Wine Store to Open This Summer in Downtown
- The Taco and Dilla Parlor: Luncha Libre Food Truck Goes Brick-and-Mortar
- Westward Brewing Co. in Central Phoenix Will Open Later This Summer — Here's a Peek Inside
- 100 Favorite Dishes 2015: Pork Chop at Mrs. White's Golden Rule Cafe