Boa's latest class focused on a favorite appetizer -- Daily Pulled Mozzarella topped with Banyuls vinegar, Queen Creek Olive Oil and Basil, and served with toast. Sheley's back today to share the recipe ...
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
1. On the stove, bring the gallon of lightly salted water to 120-130 degrees (not boiling, but about as hot as a bath) in a large stock pot.
2. Pour the water into a large mixing bowl and crumble the cheese curd into the water.
3. With your hands, stir the cheese curds until they begin to pull, or stick together. Then begin pulling the cheese in small motions, like taffy or pizza dough. Don't over-pull the cheese, as it will become hard and rubbery.
4. Take the cheese out of the hot water and divide into desired servings. Extras can be stored in slightly salted water or in plastic wrap.
5. Mozzarella can be served warm or cold, but it is always best topped with olive oil, vinegar and basil (with toast on the side).
6. Lightly salt, if needed.