Carne Adovada Enchiladas at Los Dos Molinos
Los Dos Molinos's Carne Adovada Enchiladas
Last year we marked the hundred day countdown to Best of Phoenix by sharing some of our favorite food folks' "Personal Best" lists. This year we're bringing back our list of 100 Favorite Dishes. Have a suggestion for a dish you'd like us to try? Leave it in the comments section or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
87. Carne Adovada Enchiladas at Los Dos Molinos
For more than a decade we've been going to Los Dos Molinos to experience some serious spice. The restaurant was started by Victoria Chavez, and specializes in Southwestern style food -- in particular, food featuring New Mexican red chiles and Hatch Valley green chiles. The restaurant is legendary in the Valley for its red and green chili, both of which offer remarkably complex flavor and pack plenty of heat.
One of the most popular dishes is the carne adovada, "adovada" meaning "marinated " in Spanish. At Los Dos the carne adovada means huge chunks of tender, slow-cooked marinated pork, often served swimming in a pool of red chile sauce. You can get it in burritos or as adovada ribs, but we like ours as an open-face enchilada.
The Carne Adovada Enchiladas feature that delicious pork over a fresh corn tortilla and topped with plenty of red chile sauce. Then the whole mess is crowned with a fried egg. Once you break the yolk, you'll get forkfuls of pork, chile, and egg, which does a perfect job of breaking up the spice. Enjoy it with an ice cold Mexican beer and you've tasted a snippet of Valley food history.
100. Pork Belly Pastrami from Citizen Public House 99. French Onion Soup from Bonjour Vietnam 98. Whiskey Cream Gelato from Marrazo That's Amore 97. Breakfast Croissant from Cartel Coffee Lab 96. Salmon "Yasu Style" at Yasu Sushi Bistro 95. Cannoli from DeFalco's Italian Deli 94. Falafel Sandwich from Al-Hana Restaurant 93. PBLT at Bootleggers 92. Samosa from Little India 91. Combo Plate from El Pollo Supremo 90. Brunch Burger from Orange Table 89. Duck Fat Fries from Bourbon Steak 88. Kurobuta Pork Chop from Noca
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Hidden Track Bottle Shop: Boutique Wine Store to Open This Summer in Downtown
- The Taco and Dilla Parlor: Luncha Libre Food Truck Goes Brick-and-Mortar
- Westward Brewing Co. in Central Phoenix Will Open Later This Summer — Here's a Peek Inside
- 100 Favorite Dishes 2015: Pork Chop at Mrs. White's Golden Rule Cafe