Have you given up on your New Year's resolutions yet? Let us help you get there a little quicker by making some cheater donuts. This way you can enjoy the crispy fried taste without the risk of being caught in a donut shop by your friends that you made the resolution with. These are called cheaters because you don't even have to make the dough -- canned biscuit dough is all you need. And because, like we said, you can cheat on your resolution and no one has to know.
Learn how to make Cheater Dounts after the jump.
Sugared Cheater Donuts
1 tube Pillsbury biscuits
Oil for deep frying
1. Heat vegetable oil to 375 degrees
2. Separate dough from the tube and roll into a ball shape
3. Drop the dough balls into a frying pan that has enough heated oil to fill the pan
4. Turn them over and fry evenly until golden brown, this will take just a few minutes
5. Transfer out onto a stack of paper towel to drain excess oil
6. Prepare a shallow dish with powdered sugar
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
7. Dust each donut with the sugar, and serve immediately