Phoenix food lovers, set your DVRs for Thursday, January 7 at 7 p.m. Because that's when the sixth season of Arizona PBS' Emmy-winning series Check, Please! Arizona is set to debut. As always, James Beard Award-winning chef Robert McGrath will host the show, which profiles local restaurants recommended by program viewers.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
In each episode local food lovers will dine at three restaurants they recommend to each other and then review the restaurants in a roundtable discussion with chef McGrath.
Over the past five seasons, the show has features hundreds of local restaurants, which must be independently owned and have been in business for a minimum of two years.
Restaurants featured in season six include:
· Rúla Búla Irish Pub and Restaurant
· Times Square Italian Restaurant
· The Haymaker Restaurant Co.
· República Empanada
· Sala Thai Restaurant
· Angry Crab Shack
· Desert Jade Restaurant
· Rusconi's American Kitchen
· Middle Eastern Bakery and Deli
· Nook Kitchen
· T. Cook's
· Asi Es La Vida Restaurant
· Hammered Hog Restaurant & Saloon
· Arizona Wilderness Brewing Co.
· Republic Ramen
· The Original Blue Adobe Grill
· Geordie’s Steak at The Wrigley Mansion
· Kiss the Cook Restaurant
· Welcome Diner
· Yoli’s Café
· Zinc Bistro
· Blue Hound Kitchen & Cocktails
· Grassroots Kitchen & Tap
· Pig & Pickle
· The Gilbert House
· Salut Kitchen Bar
· San Tan Flat
· The Dhaba
· Jalapeño Inferno Bistro Mexicano
· Chloe’s Corner
· Cup Café
· Kingfisher Bar & Grill
· Mi Nidito Restaurant
· Guido’s Chicago Meats & Deli
· Phoenix Public Market Café
· Deseo at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
For more information, to nominate a restaurant, or to view the complete list of restaurants featured on the show, visit the Check, Please! Arizona website.