Earlier this week -- on Tuesday, September 30, to be exact -- chef Mel Mecinas of Talavera at the Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North went to New York City to cook at the famed James Beard House.
But just because you didn't get to go to the six-course wine paired dinner at the historic former home of Mr. Beard himself doesn't mean you can't experience it at all. Later this month, Talavera will be offering the entire menu with wine pairings for Valley diners.
The Beard House dinner featured Mecinas and five other chefs from Four Seasons properties around the country. Every year, 250 restaurants are chosen to cook at the James Beard House, which is located in New York City's Greenwich Village.
For the dinner event Mecinas prepared beef carpaccio with seven-minute farm egg and caviar, the second course of the dinner.
Here's the complete menu:
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Uni with sweet corn, tortilla-lime salt, abalone, finger limes, and avocado
- Beef carpaccio with seven-minute farm egg and caviar
- Pacific rockfish with Dungeness Crab dumplings and crab consommé
- Acquerello risotto with Bellwether Farm crescenza cheese, Pantelleria capers, tomatoes, and Acciughe Salate
- Dry-aged buffalo rib-eye with sarsaparilla short rib, mushroom-truffle grits, kale, onion bark, and huckleberries
- Panna cotta with melon, piment d'espelette, and cilantro
The James Beard House menu will be available on Friday, October 24 and Saturday, October 25 and will cost $98 a person. Wine pairings will be available for an additional $42 a person.
For reservations, call 480-513-5085.