Thursday, July 3, 2014 |
1 year ago
It might be a bit of a gut bomb, but it's also one of the best things you can order on a Sunday morning.
Last year we marked the hundred day countdown to Best of Phoenix by sharing some of our favorite food folks' "Personal Best" lists. This year we're bringing back our list of 100 Favorite Dishes. Have a suggestion for a dish you'd like us to try? Leave it in the comments section or email email@example.com.
59. Chilaquiles from La Tolteca
See also: La Tolteca in Phoenix: What We Bought, What We Skipped and What We're Still Lusting Over
Now we're not saying La Tolteca has lasted in the Valley for over 50 years just because of their amazing chilaquiles, but they certainly keep us coming back to the downtown Phoenix spot time and time again for a spicy, hearty hangover cure.
With your choice of meat from carne asada to chicken or al pastor pork, picking which will top your tortilla strip based masterpiece is probably the hardest decision you'll have to make at La Tolteca. Once you pick and fork over a little under $7, you'll quickly be met with a plate of piping hot chips and strips, chile sauce, cheese, scrambled eggs, avocado, onion, cilantro, crema, queso fresco, and whichever meat you picked.
All of that goodness will certainly kill any bad feelings from the night before, but you'll likely need a nap after visiting. Just make sure to get some fresh-baked pan dulce for later in the day too.
Miss a dish?
100. Pork Belly Pastrami from Citizen Public House
99. French Onion Soup from Bonjour Vietnam
98. Whiskey Cream Gelato from Marrazo That's Amore
97. Breakfast Croissant from Cartel Coffee Lab
96. Salmon "Yasu Style" at Yasu Sushi Bistro
95. Cannoli from DeFalco's Italian Deli
94. Falafel Sandwich from Al-Hana Restaurant
93. PBLT at Bootleggers
92. Samosa from Little India
91. Combo Plate from El Pollo Supremo
90. Brunch Burger from Orange Table
89. Duck Fat Fries from Bourbon Steak
88. Kurobuta Pork Chop from Noca
87. Carne Adovada Enchiladas from Los Dos Molinos
86. Maple Bacon Doughnut from Rainbow Donuts
85. Pad Khing from Nunthaporn's Thai Cuisine
84. Mariscos con Arroz from Tumi Fine Peruvian Cuisine
83. Chicago Dog from Portillo's Hot Dogs
82. Lemon Bars from Phoenix Public Market Cafe
81. Preserved Pickle and Pork Noodle Soup from Asian Cafe Express
80. Maine Lobster Roll from The Maine Lobster Lady
79. Lengua Tacos from Asadero Norte de Sonora
78. Black Licorice from Super Chunk Sweets and Treats
77. Cracker Jack from House of Tricks
76. Chicken Achari Curry from Curry Corner
75. Lavender Berry Lemonade Popsicle from AZ Pops
74. Truffle Bikini from The Tavern
73. Lemon and Basil Chicken Salad Sandwich from Essence Bakery Cafe
72. Oaxaca Special Burro from Carolina's
71. Texas Po' Boy from Texas BBQ House
70. Thai Noodle Soup from RedThai
69. Breakfast Sandwich from Lux Central
68. Deep Fried Duck with Taro from Hong Kong Asian Diner
67. Chicken Pot Pie from The Duce
66. Alfajores from El Chullo
65. Chashu Ramen from Sushi Ken
64. Yukon Gold from The Parlor Pizzeria
63. Crispy Pig Ears from Bar Crudo
62. French Fries from Cafe Bink, Bink's Midtown, and Bink's Scottsdale
61. Croissant Bread Pudding from Ollie Vaughn's
60. Kale Caesar Salad from Original ChopShop Co.
Follow Chow Bella on Facebook and Twitter and Pinterest.