Chocolate Covered Strawberry Shot Glasses. That's Right. Chocolate Covered Strawberry Shot Glasses.
Berries and booze? Yes, please.
Sweet Tooth blogger Erica, a twenty-something dental student with a baking obsession, came up with the idea for chocolate covered strawberry shot glasses with her friend Marissa.
"They're as simple as they look," Erica writes. "-- hulled out strawberries dipped in melted chocolate and filled with whatever you'd like. We combined vanilla vodka, Godiva liquor, and some chocolate syrup for a delicious shot in an edible glass. Take your shot and eat it too!"
Oh yes, Erica, we will. Many times. Good luck getting that tray away from us.
Follow the jump to get some tips from Erica on how to make these beautiful berries of booze.
- Try to choose strawberries as big as you can find, unless of course you want to make baby shots
- Cut the point of the strawberry off so they can stand on their own, the melted chocolate helps form a little base too which makes them even more stable
- We recommend hulling out the strawberries using a paring knife and grapefruit spoon, you have to be careful not to make them too thin or they'll break (nothing a little melted chocolate can't help mend!). Don't forget to pat strawberries dry before dipping in chocolate.
- Freeze the dipped strawberry cups for maximum sturdiness, and to keep your drink cold. Let them thaw for a few minutes before serving so no one breaks any teeth
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkles for an extra special touch (we thought of the idea after already doing the grocery shopping, oh well)
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Phoenix dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- The Parlor Releases Amaro Drinking List, With Plenty of Options
- Homemade Bagels at Back East Bagels in Tempe Are Perfect for Sandwiches
- Sisterhood of the Stove Event Featuring Top Arizona Women Chefs Returns for Second Year
- Hayden Flour Mills Featured in November Issue of Martha Stewart Living Magazine