Forks up, Phoenix! Chow Bella and Roosevelt Row present the sixth annual Pie Social at 2 on Saturday, November 21, at the Bioscience High School at 512 East Pierce Street in Phoenix. We've got an all-star lineup of bakers making pies for you to taste, and from now till Pie Social, we'll introduce them to you, one by one, through pie charts designed by each chef to capture his or her persona as a baker.
Today: Eliot Wexler of Nocawich
Nocawich owner Eliot Wexler is no professional pastry chef — but he might love hunting down good food more than anyone else in town. After leaving his hometown of Chicago in 2008, he opened restaurant Noca in Central Phoenix, though he's since closed the fine dining establishment to focus his energy on Nocawich, a mini-chain of fast-casual restaurants. Wexler won't be doing the baking for Pie Social, and he's mysteriously tight-lipped about the identity of his restaurant's pastry chef.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
Meet the other Pie Social celebrity chefs:
Virginia Senior of Urban Beans
Adam Allison of SuperTruck
LaDawn Driscoll of Liberty Market
- Audrey Enriquez of Sheraton Wild Horse Pass
- Garrett Verhage of Grassroots Kitchen and Tap
- Casey Hopkins-Johnson of Welcome Chicken + Donuts
- Julie Moreno of Jewel's Bakery & Cafe
- Country and Sergio Velador of Super Chunk Sweets and Treats
- Dusty Sullivan of Benedict's Catering
- Jeff Kraus of Crepe Bar
- Traci Zitzer of Urban Table
- Lisa Levinson of The Bakery PHX