Five Happy Hours That Make Us Ecstatic
Pardon us for butchering a Christmas carol in April, but we get as excited as a little kid on Christmas morning at the thought of a good happy hour. And we've done our homework to find you the very happiest. Ambience, food, drink and good deals are all important components in the happy hour equation. We've done the math -- you check the results. (Click on the links of each of our favorites for more detail.)
1. Christopher's Restaurant and Crush Lounge Our reviewer was so ecstatic over Christopher Gross' happy hour offerings that we had to clamp down and ban her from ever again awarding an A+ in our grading system. But even we had to admit that the cheesburger with gruyere and truffled frites -- at only $7.50 was a pretty stunning deal. And half-prize beer, wine by the glass and well drinks to go with it? Sign us up.
get the rest of our happy hour faves after the jump
Nachos and cheese curds at The Lodge.
2. Ticoz Where to begin -- with CenPho Ticoz' food or drink? Margaritas and sangrias and mojitos -- oh my! And all for about $3.50. Pair that with the signature guacammus, nachos or lettuce wraps for $5, or venture off the menu for pork pozole. Delish.
3. Iruna The tapas is top-notch at this Spanish spot, where Old World charm rules the interior and the sleek patio is all about modern. From 4:30 to 6:30 daily, you can get $3 sangria and reasonably priced cocktails. Don't miss the clams with artichoke.
4. Rosie McCaffrey's This happy hour is thrice as nice -- 4 to 7 pm, Monday through Friday. And with a dollar off drafts, wine by the glass and well drinks, you'll be happy, indeed. The food is adequate pub food, which is perfect, since this place is the quintessential Irish pub.
5. The Lodge This place has that "anywhere-but-Scottsdale" feel -- with taxidermy, antlers and a "just finished skiing vibe" and that's just fine with us. Home of the Sasquatch burger, the menu doesn't disappoint -- with everything from nachos to cheese curds and friendly staff to explain it all. But we understand the most important part: "half price appetizers!"
For more deals on drinks and food, check back every Tuesday for our Happy Hour Report Card.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Hidden Track Bottle Shop: Boutique Wine Store to Open This Summer in Downtown
- The Taco and Dilla Parlor: Luncha Libre Food Truck Goes Brick-and-Mortar
- Westward Brewing Co. in Central Phoenix Will Open Later This Summer — Here's a Peek Inside
- 100 Favorite Dishes 2015: Pork Chop at Mrs. White's Golden Rule Cafe