Food Truck Mania is Back: And This Time, There's a Pork Battle
Phoenix Street Food Coalition
Nothing says "mania" more than a fleet of Valley food trucks in one area serving as many tasty snacks, bites, and treats as fast as folks can order them. And nothing says "battle" more than pork. Okay, not so much. But still, pork battle!
See also: Ten Favorite Phoenix Food Trucks
Both will come together from 4 to 8 p.m. on Wednesday, October 3, at downtown's Phoenix Public Market during Food Truck Mania.
Featuring fifteen food trucks from the Phoenix Street Food Coalition in addition to the regular farmers market, Food Truck Mania will also host its first themed battle: Battle Pork -- where event goers and judges such as Master Chef contestant and My 103.9 DJ Monti Carlo and chef Kelly Fletcher from House of Tricks will decide who has the best porcine creation.
The best part? No entry fee, no tickets to keep track of, just a bunch of food trucks serving street eats (two to three buck samples in addition to full menus) to the nice people.
Here's a preview of the food trucks expected to attend:
Food Truck Mania food trucks:
- Luncha Libre - Hey Joe! Filipino Street Food - Short Leash Dogs - Mojo Bowl - Burger Amore - Aji Foods - Buzznbeez - Emerson fry bread - Q-up - Jamburritos Cajun Grille Express - Mama Toledo's - Torched Goodness - J-licious Tacos - Satay Hut - Spice It Up
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Hidden Track Bottle Shop: Boutique Wine Store to Open This Summer in Downtown
- The Taco and Dilla Parlor: Luncha Libre Food Truck Goes Brick-and-Mortar
- Westward Brewing Co. in Central Phoenix Will Open Later This Summer — Here's a Peek Inside
- 100 Favorite Dishes 2015: Pork Chop at Mrs. White's Golden Rule Cafe