Get A Free Doughnut at Krispy Kreme Today!
Krispy Kreme's original glazed doughnuts
Today is National Doughnut Day. A day for everyone to celebrate the awesome-ness of deep fried dough and sugar. Want to join in on the celebration? Just head to the nearest Krispy Kreme location to pick up your free doughnut.
According to doughnut legend the holiday started in 1938 as a way for the Salvation Army to honor women who served doughnuts to soldiers during World War I. Dubbed "Doughnut Dollies" by the soldiers, these hundreds of volunteer women went to France to operate huts that provided the soldiers with motherly comforts including baked goods -- namely, doughnuts.
In honor of that we now celebrate National Doughnut Day on the first Friday of every June and to support the cause you can head to participating Krispy Kreme locations and pick up a free treat. The offer entitles Doughnut Day celebrators to a doughnut of any variety. No purchase required.
There are four Krispy Kreme locations in Phoenix and all are participating in the event:
- Phoenix - 3607 Bell Rd., Phoenix, 85032
- Mesa - 6626 E. Superstition Springs Blvd., Mesa, 85206
- Mesa - 1984 West Main St., Mesa, 85202
- Scottsdale - 7055 E. Shea Blvd, Scottsdale, 85254
For hours and other information about National Doughnut Day visit the Krispy Kreme website.
3607 E. Bell Road
Phoenix, AZ 85032
1984 W. Main St.
Mesa, AZ 85202
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Phoenix dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- The Parlor Releases Amaro Drinking List, With Plenty of Options
- Homemade Bagels at Back East Bagels in Tempe Are Perfect for Sandwiches
- Sisterhood of the Stove Event Featuring Top Arizona Women Chefs Returns for Second Year
- Hayden Flour Mills Featured in November Issue of Martha Stewart Living Magazine