Gluten Free Creations: Snickerdoodles
GF snickerdoodle cookies
LynnRae Ries from Gluten Free Creations has been providing Valley restaurants with gluten free breads and sweets for seven years. Yesterday LynnRae shared the story of her motivation to provide great baked goods to others, like her, who have some form of gluten intolerance or other food allergies. You don't have to be a gluten free eater to enjoy the casual meals or treats at the bakery.
follow the jump for LynnRae's snickerdoodle cookie recipe
GF Snickerdoodle Cookie
•1/2 cup butter, margarine or shortening, softened
•½ cup brown sugar
•½ cup granulated sugar
•1/4 teaspoon baking soda
•1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
•1 large egg
•1/2 teaspoon vanilla
•1 1/2 cups all purpose wheat flour or Gluten Free Creations gluten-free Enriched Flour Mix
• 4 Tablespoons granulated sugar
• 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
1. In a mixing bowl, beat the butter on medium speed until creamy.
2. Add the 1 cup sugar, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
3. Beat in the egg and vanilla until well blended.
4. Turn mixer to low and add in the flour. Beat until well incorporated. Dough should stick together when pinched.
5. Combine the Topping ingredients and mix together.
6. Shape the dough into 2 inch balls and roll in cinnamon sugar mixture to coat.
7. Place balls of dough 2 inches apart on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
8. Bake for 10 to 11 minutes or until edges are golden.
9. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool - if you can wait that long.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Phoenix dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.