Haiti Relief: Wildflower Bread Co., Dilly's Deli, Bombay Spice, Other Locals Lending a Hand
They likely won't match the millions raised by last week's telethon, but local efforts to provide relief to Haiti are equally heartfelt. Here's a list of just a few participants. If you know more, email us at email@example.com and we might do an additional post.
1. In partnership with Wildflower Bread Co., Tempe's Hackett House will be serving lunch all week (Jan. 25-29) from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.. For $10, you can get a bowl of soup in a freshly-baked bread bowl, salad and dessert. All proceeds will go to the American Red Cross' efforts in Haiti. Additional donations will also be accepted.
2. Dilly's Deli is donating 25 percent of all daily sales on Jan. 25 to AmeriCares Disaster Relief and Humanitarian Aid Organization. Dilly's Deli Valley locations are in Scottsdale, Tempe and Chandler. Canisters will be near all store registers to collect additional contributions.
3. All JNK Concepts restaurants -- Roka Akor Sushi and Robata Grill,
Bombay Spice Grill and Wine and San Gabriel Mexican Café -- have pledged to donate a portion of each check to Doctors without Borders. The fundraiser is running from Jan. 25 to Feb 14.
4. Wrigley Mansion is hosting a Valentine's Party on Feb. 13. There is a $20 cover charge
per person, $10 of which will be donated to Wyclef Jean's foundation Yéle Haiti. The mansion will host live music, serve free appetizers and offer one free glass of wine per guest.
5. On the national front, a few foodie blogs have also lined up fundraisers. Sweetsavorylife raised $1000 for Compassion International, Doctors without Borders and Partners in Health. NoRecipes is donating all ad revenue this month to the World Food Program. Finally, DinnerWithJulie is producing a cookbook with recipes from popular food blogs, with all proceeds going to Haiti.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Hidden Track Bottle Shop: Boutique Wine Store to Open This Summer in Downtown
- The Taco and Dilla Parlor: Luncha Libre Food Truck Goes Brick-and-Mortar
- Westward Brewing Co. in Central Phoenix Will Open Later This Summer — Here's a Peek Inside
- 100 Favorite Dishes 2015: Pork Chop at Mrs. White's Golden Rule Cafe