Thursday night, the Arizona Restaurant Association announced the winners of the second annual Foodist Awards during an event at the Montelucia Resort in Scottsdale. The awards celebrate "the most amazing tastes, faces and places in Arizona food and beverage."
Finalists were announced in early April with 30 chefs, restaurants, and mixologists nominated in 10 categories. Those categories included Food Pioneer, Top Chef, and Master Mixologist.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
Here are the winners of the 2014 Foodist Awards:
- Top Chef: Gio Osso of Virtù Honest Craft
- Master Mixologist: Stephanie Teslar of Blue Hound Kitchen & Cocktails
- Food Pioneer: Craig DeMarco and Lauren Bailey of Upward Projects
- Outstanding Multiple-Location Restaurant: Mastro's Restaurants
- Good Neighbor: Community Kitchen (from St. Mary's Food Bank Alliance)
- Outstanding Restaurant Concept: Proof Canteen at the Four Seasons
- Outstanding Food Truck: The Maine Lobster Lady
- Emerging Restaurant of the Year: The Original Chop Shop Co.
- Uniquely Arizona: Elote
- Best Dish "Steak": Durant's
For more information visit the 2014 Foodist Award website.