Hey Joe! Sets Up Food Truck Pop-Up Restaurant in Central Phoenix
For a few set times during the week, Hey Joe! and other mobile kitchens won't be parking as much as they'll be popping up.
Brian and Margita Webb, who own Hey Joe!, the food truck serving Filipino cuisine, have purchased a 1920s bungalow, at 2237 North Seventh Street in Central Phoenix, and turned it into a kind of food truck pop-up restaurant. The converted space will serve as a dining room for guests who can enjoy street eats for lunch, dinner, or both, seven days a week from a Valley food truck parked outside. And Brian Webb tells me he's lining up some brick-and-mortar chefs to get in on the pop-up action as well.
Here's the Seventh Street bungalow's current food truck schedule, along with two special events from Hey Joe!
7th Street Food Schedule:
Follow @7thstreetfood on Twitter for more information including news of new food trucks (think Satay Hut) joining the mix.
From 6 to 9 p.m. Friday, March 1, at the Seventh Street bungalow, Hey Joe! will be celebrating its second year with a special Filipino fusion menu (see below) and free lumpia (Filipino spring rolls) to the first 150 guests.
- Kinilaw (Ceviche) Shrimp, Coconut Vinegar, Calamansi, Heirloom Tomato, Pickled Persian Cucumber
- Scattered Ube Chips Purple Yam, Peanuts, Rosemary
- Lumpia Shanghi Ground Pork (Meat Shop) Egg Roll
Adobo Foie Gras, Chicken (Red Bird Farm) Marinated in Soy Sauce/Vinegar, Garlic Fried Rice
Joe-Kawali (2012 Battle Pork Winner) Deep Fried Pork Belly, Homemade Chicharon, Pork Blood Sauce, Calamansi Buerre Blanc
Mt. Mayon (Vegan) Fire-Hot Annatto Seared Tofu, Coconut infused Forbidden Rice, Lava Sauce
Asian Rib Huge Angus Beef Rib, Achara (Pickled Green Papaya & Ginger
Leche Flan Super Rich Filipino Flan made with Duck Eggs, Candied Pig Ears
Turon Banana Spring Roll, Sweet Republic Vanilla Ice Cream
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Hidden Track Bottle Shop: Boutique Wine Store to Open This Summer in Downtown
- The Taco and Dilla Parlor: Luncha Libre Food Truck Goes Brick-and-Mortar
- Westward Brewing Co. in Central Phoenix Will Open Later This Summer — Here's a Peek Inside
- 100 Favorite Dishes 2015: Pork Chop at Mrs. White's Golden Rule Cafe