Hanukkah is a time for food, gifts and spending time with family. In New York or Chicago, it'd be a snap to find local restaurants serving Hanukkah dinner or offering latkes, brisket and kugel.
Here in Phoenix it's a little more difficult to find Hanukkah-related foodstuffs, unless you resort to the Kosher section of your local grocery. But with a little holiday resourcefulness, we found a few places to help get your Hanukah celebration started.
- Scott's Generations at 5555 N. 7th St. in Phoenix: Scott's has potato latkes by the dozen, plus Borscht, Kreplach and Matzoh Ball soups for takeout.
- Chompie's: Visit any Valley Chompie's location for Hanukkah sweets and latkes to-go. Tip: Try the North Scottsdale location for the best selection and most knowledgeable staff.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Chompie's: The popular Valley deli is also hosting a sit-down Hanukkah dinner between 3 p.m. and 9 p.m. on Friday, December 11 at their Paradise Valley, Tempe and Scottsdale locations. Dinner includes latkes, soup, fish or meat entree, dinner rolls and dessert. Cost is $20 for adults and $10 for kids.
- Sun Lakes Jewish Congregation is hosting a Hanukkah Brunch at 11 a.m. on Sunday, December 14 at Oakwood Country Club, 24218 S. Oakwood Blvd. in Sun Lakes. Cost is $22 for adults; $11 for children 6-12; 5 and under free. Call 480-883-9393, or 480-802-0007 for reservations.
- Chabad of Phoenix is hosting a menorah lighting and Shabbat Dinner at 5 p.m. on Friday, December 11. Cost for nonmembers is $25 adults; $18 children or $60 per family. Call 602-944-2753 for reservations (required).
- At 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, December 12, The New Shul in Scottsdale is hosting a Hanukkah coffee house. Cost is $5.
- Kehillah of Arizona is hosting a Chanukah Celebration from 4-6 p.m. on Sunday, December 13 at Villa Serena Clubhouse, 7155 E. McDonald Dr. in Scottsdale. The event includes traditional holiday foods, games and an olive pressing demo.