Jen Anderson's Halibut Banh mi from Windsor
Shannon M. on yelp.com
After talking all about how she creates her recipes this week, Windsor's Jen Anderson shares one for the Halibut Banh Mi currently available at Windsor. You'll make something close to the real deal but you'll have to go to the restaurant to get the plate with Jen's pickled carrots.
First thing's first, make the glaze for the fish:
1 cup honey, 1/2 cup soy sauce, 2 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
What you'll need for the sandwich:
Halibut 5 oz
Honey soy glaze 1 Tbsp
Buttermilk bun, split 1 each
Spicy pickled carrots ½ cup
Cucumber, half moons to cover bun
Watercress ½ cup
Cilantro leaves ¼ cup
Olive oil blend
Salt and pepper
Sambal mayo 2 Tbsp
Get the instructions after the jump
Put it all together:
1. Season halibut with clarified butter, salt and pepper and grill.
2. Brush both sides of bun with clarified butter and toast on flat top until
3. Spread sambal mayo on top bun, making sure to cover from coast to
4. In a small bowl mix watercress with cilantro leaves and season with olive
oil blend and salt and pepper.
5. On bottom bun place cucumber slices, making sure to cover bun from
coast to coast. Top with pickled carrots and grilled halibut.
6. Place watercress mix on top of halibut and set top bun on sandwich at an
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.