Close your eyes and imagine you are 10, sitting around a campfire with a long stick in your hand and a marshmallow on the end, quickly turning that perfect shade of gold. Your mind runs ahead a few minutes to the time when that golden marshmallow will be combined with a piece of chocolate and a crunchy graham cracker to create that greatest of summertime camping treats, the all-American S'mores.
Now, think about S'mores and cheesecake.
Yes, it's true, two magical dessert worlds have collided.
Read on after the jump.
Open your eyes and without further adieu get on down to The Duce and dive in to their Smore's Cheesecake.
Or if you're so inclined (and you can stand the wait) make your own.
Mix together for the crust:
* 1/2 c. - Graham Cracker Crumbs
* 1 Tbs. - Sugar
* 1 oz. - Unsalted Butter (melted)
Press into 5" spring form pan and bake for 5--‐6 minutes @ 350°
Preparation for the filling:
•In a double boiler melt 3 oz. - Milk Chocolate
Combine until smooth:
* 5 1/2 oz. - Softened Cream Cheese
*1/4 c. - Sugar
*1 - Pinch of Salt
• Slowly add 1/4 c. - Heavy Cream to Cream Cheese Mixture and mix until incorporated.
• Slowly add Chocolate to Cream Cheese Mixture and mix until incorporated.
• Slowly incorporate 1 large Egg
Pour Filling over pre--‐baked crust and bake for 30--‐35 minutes @ 325°
Preparation for the topping:
*1/3 c. - Sugar
*1 Large - Egg White
*1 Tbs. - Water
*1/4 tsp. - Cream of Tartar
* Pinch of Salt
• Set bowl on top of simmering saucepan and continue to whisk until mixture thickens
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
• Whisk in four Large Marshmallows, cut into quarters
• Whisk in 1/8 tsp. Vanilla Extract
Pour mixture on top of finished cheesecake and refrigerate for an hour before serving.
For added flavor and presentation, lightly brown the top of the cheesecake using a brulée torch just before serving.