It's time to give it up for moms. Yes, this Sunday is Mother's Day and if you've already made reservations, the rest is pie.
If you haven't, however, here are some of the places in the Valley that might have a few extra tables. After all, it is the busiest restaurant holiday of the year.
Today, we're scoping out Phoenix and the West Valley. Look for more great ideas in our guide to Mother's Day dining in the East Valley.
- Sunshine and garden space aren't the only things in large supply at The Farm at South Mountain, 6106 S. 32nd Street in Phoenix, on Monther's Day. Dozens of Vegetable Quiches, Pecan French Toasess and Tomato and Boccocinis will be on route from the kitchen to the tables of moms and their fan clubs. Seating times are throughout the morning (every half hour from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.).The menu is $49.95 per person, $16.95 per child (8-12 years), $8 per child (3-7 years) and complimentary for children under 3 years old. Reservations are required and can be made by calling (480) 471-5223.
- Mo's love diamonds and Red's Steakhouse has four -- AAA Diamonds, that is. Red's Steakhouse at the Wigwam Golf Resort & Spa, 300 East Wigwam Boulevard in Litchfield Park, is serving Mother's Day Brunch from 10 a.m.-3 p.m.. Chef de Cuisine, Michael Scott, will be serving a Farmer's Market selection of fresh fruits, imported cheeses and gourmet meats; fresh chilled seafood including Stone Crab Claws, Sea Bass Ceviche and Ahi Tuna Tartar Martinis, shrimp cocktail and a variety of sushi. Entrees include Marinated Jumbo Scallops, Salmon Medallions, Marinated Lamb Chops, Breasts of Chicken and House-made Bouillabaisse served from a cast iron pot. Brunch is $55 for adults and $25 for children. Guests can also enjoy a free sitting for a professional family photo, with photos available for purchase. Reservations are suggested and can be made by calling (623) 935-3811.
- If mom would rather stay in, a cake from Chestnut Lane Café and Camelback Florist will bring the right amount of fancy to your own dining room table. For $55, a freshly baked, nine-inch angel food cake is made from scratch in the Chestnut Lane oven and is then topped with an elaborate English bouquet designed by Camelback Florist. Deliveries are available, but quantities are limited. Advance orders are available by calling 602-535-5439.
- Banana Crepes, Lemon Blueberry French Toast and Crème Brulee are just a few items on the set menu at Coup Des Tartes, 4626 North 16th Street in Phoenix. Chef-owner Natascha Ovando is also cooking up vegetable baked omelets and her own crab benedict with chive-lemon hollandaise sauce. The 3-course menu is $39 and reservations are recommended, just call (602) 212-1082.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Sometimes mom needs options. This year she can choose between three bunch offerings at Tuscany, Meritage Steakhouse and Blue Sage at the JW Desert Ridge Resort , 5350 E. Marriott Drive in Phoenix. Tuscany will be serving up a champagne brunch with fresh green salads, an antipasti bar, an entree a la carte menu and a desert buffet. The Tuscany menu will be offered from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. for $49 per person ($24.50 for children under 12). Mother's Day dining at Meritage Steakhouse will be served from 3 to 9 p.m. Cost is $59 per person ($24.50 for children under 12). A four-course wine pairing will also be offered for an additional $26 per flight. Finally, the Blue Sage Mother's Day brunch includes starters of citrus-cured salmon, baby spinach salad and marinated cucumber and omelets cooked to order. The Blue Sage Mother's Day brunch is $58 per adult ($28 for children 12 and under). For Mother's Day reservations at Tuscany, Meritage Steakhouse or Blue Sage, call 480-293-3988.
- Texaz Grill may think its apple pie is better than mom's, but let's not tell her on Mother's Day. In celebration of the lucky lady, the Grill, 6003 North 16th Street in Phoenix, opens its doors at noon and offers a free slice of apple pie and a yellow rose for each mom (note: proof of motherhood is required).