New Year-Round Farmers Market to Launch in Tempe, and It's Seeking Vendors
Tempe, there's a new farmers market coming for you.
Central Farmers Market Facebook
Tempe residents won't have to go far to find fresh, local produce year-round thanks to a new farmers market that will launch next month. The Tempe Community Market will be held on Sunday mornings year-round at 620 North Mill Avenue, under the Mill Avenue bridge.
The first open-air market will be held on Sunday, March 2 from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. -- which will be the standing market hours from from mid-October to mid-May. During the summer season the market will take place from 8 a.m. to noon.
You'll find the market at the north end of the Mill Avenue Bridge, south of the Marquee Theatre parking lot and adjacent to the city of Tempe boat-storage area.
Applications are still being accepted for vendors selling the following items:
- Agricultural (including produce, herbs, flowers, eggs, dairy, meats, and products from beekeepers)
- Artisan (crafts containing at least 50 percent materials native to Arizona or the Southwest will be given preference)
- Prepared/Processed Foods (ready-to-eat or pre-packed items)
The market will also offer a Community Exchange, which welcomes produce from those with backyard, community, or market gardens and surplus produce. Eggs, honey, crafts, and artisan food are welcome as well, even if you're only able to bring small amounts of products or only once in a while. Those interested in getting involved can email firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers are also welcome to help set up, tear down, work info booths, direct traffic, and help run the wireless point of sale terminals.
The Tempe Community Market is a project of Tempe Community Action Agency, a nonprofit organization whose mission is to serve the under served in our community. For more information visit the Tempe Community Market Facebook.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Hidden Track Bottle Shop: Boutique Wine Store to Open This Summer in Downtown
- The Taco and Dilla Parlor: Luncha Libre Food Truck Goes Brick-and-Mortar
- Westward Brewing Co. in Central Phoenix Will Open Later This Summer — Here's a Peek Inside
- 100 Favorite Dishes 2015: Pork Chop at Mrs. White's Golden Rule Cafe