Thursday, July 17, 2014 at 11 a.m.
Fresh noodles and chunks of tender oxtail-- what's not to like here?
Last year we marked the hundred day countdown to Best of Phoenix by sharing some of our favorite food folks' "Personal Best" lists. This year we're bringing back our list of 100 Favorite Dishes. Have a suggestion for a dish you'd like us to try? Leave it in the comments section or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
49. Oxtail Noodle Soup from China Magic Noodle House
See also: 10 Best Chinese Restaurants in Metro Phoenix
If chicken noodle soup is good for the soul, then China Magic Noodle House's oxtail noodle soup is good for just about everything else. While you might be focused on Vietnamese pho or Japanese ramen (or no soup at all considering it's the middle of summer), this Chinese specialty definitely rivals those options in the world of delicious soups.
Like pho, the simple broth base can be kicked up with vinegar, soy sauce, chili oil, and Sriracha if you so choose. The noodles themselves are kind of like if ramen and udon had a noodle baby-- flour-based, thick, curly, and tender. With a few big chunks of bone-in oxtail and some handfuls of cilantro and scallions, the soup is simple but pretty much all it needs to be to be filling and flavorful. Besides, you really wouldn't want to detract too much from those amazing hand-pulled noodles anyway.
Half the fun of going to China Magic Noodle House, though, is watching the chefs smack and stretch the noodles through the viewing window between the dining room and the kitchen, so make sure you get a good seat.
Miss a dish?
100. Pork Belly Pastrami from Citizen Public House
99. French Onion Soup from Bonjour Vietnam
98. Whiskey Cream Gelato from Marrazo That's Amore
97. Breakfast Croissant from Cartel Coffee Lab
96. Salmon "Yasu Style" at Yasu Sushi Bistro
95. Cannoli from DeFalco's Italian Deli
94. Falafel Sandwich from Al-Hana Restaurant
93. PBLT at Bootleggers
92. Samosa from Little India
91. Combo Plate from El Pollo Supremo
90. Brunch Burger from Orange Table
89. Duck Fat Fries from Bourbon Steak
88. Kurobuta Pork Chop from Noca
87. Carne Adovada Enchiladas from Los Dos Molinos
86. Maple Bacon Doughnut from Rainbow Donuts
85. Pad Khing from Nunthaporn's Thai Cuisine
84. Mariscos con Arroz from Tumi Fine Peruvian Cuisine
83. Chicago Dog from Portillo's Hot Dogs
82. Lemon Bars from Phoenix Public Market Cafe
81. Preserved Pickle and Pork Noodle Soup from Asian Cafe Express
80. Maine Lobster Roll from The Maine Lobster Lady
79. Lengua Tacos from Asadero Norte de Sonora
78. Black Licorice from Super Chunk Sweets and Treats
77. Cracker Jack from House of Tricks
76. Chicken Achari Curry from Curry Corner
75. Lavender Berry Lemonade Popsicle from AZ Pops
74. Truffle Bikini from The Tavern
73. Lemon and Basil Chicken Salad Sandwich from Essence Bakery Cafe
72. Oaxaca Special Burro from Carolina's
71. Texas Po' Boy from Texas BBQ House
70. Thai Noodle Soup from RedThai
69. Breakfast Sandwich from Lux Central
68. Deep Fried Duck with Taro from Hong Kong Asian Diner
67. Chicken Pot Pie from The Duce
66. Alfajores from El Chullo
65. Chashu Ramen from Sushi Ken
64. Yukon Gold from The Parlor Pizzeria
63. Crispy Pig Ears from Bar Crudo
62. French Fries from Cafe Bink, Bink's Midtown, and Bink's Scottsdale
61. Croissant Bread Pudding from Ollie Vaughn's
60. Kale Caesar Salad from Original ChopShop Co.
59. Chilaquiles from La Tolteca
58. Farmstead Goat Milk Caramel from The Simple Farm
57. Pistachio Chicken Liver Pate from The Gladly
56. Paitan Ramen from Umami
55. Nopales and Longaniza Taco from El Tlacoyo
54. Chicken Feet from Great Wall Cuisine
53. The Oggie from Cornish Pasty Co.
52. The Lady from Short Leash Dogs
51. Pork Belly Pibil from The Mission
50. Mixed Grill from Copper Kettle
Follow Chow Bella on Facebook and Twitter and Pinterest.