Passover Dinner at FnB April 14 Features Chopped Liver, Lamb, and Meringue
All of your Passover dinner prayers have been answered.
Courtesy of FnB.
Take it easy this Passover and let the "veggie whisperer," Charleen Badman, and her crew over at FnB make your dinner this year unforgettable. Family-style appetizers that have classics and new favorites, kosher style entrees, and some fantastic desserts are all on the menu for the dinner on April 14 in honor of the holiday. You certainly don't have to be Jewish to find all of these dishes, from chopped chicken liver and red beet salad to lemon verbena panna cotta, craveworthy.
See Also: Passover Haroses, Sephardic-Style
The 45-person dinner will begin at 6:30 p.m., but a limited menu of take out items will be offered during the day including the chopped chicken liver, chicken and matzo ball soup, a variety of haroseth, salmon gefilte fish, and meringues by the dozen.
Here's what's on the menu for FnB's Passover dinner:
Appetizers (served family style)
- Passover pu-pu platter with chopped chicken liver and red beet salad, tasting of old world and new world haroseth, and salmon gefilte fish with fresh beets and beet horseradish
- Chicken soup with matzo balls, spring vegetables, and dill
- Asparagus and caramelized onion matzo brei
Entrees (choice of)
- Braised churro lamb with wild leek farfel kugel and rhubarb marmalade
- Lemon roasted chicken with ginger ale tsimmes
- California halibut with crispy baby artichoke, lemon, and mint ragout
Dessert (choice of)
- Lemon verbena panna cotta with a blood orange salad and candied kumquats
- Strawberries with cream and broken meringue
- Bitter chocolate sorbet with a tasting of macarons
Dinner will be set at $52 for adults and $25 for children, with Pavle Milic having a much better beverage selection than Manischewitz. For reservations and more information, call 480-284-4777.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Hidden Track Bottle Shop: Boutique Wine Store to Open This Summer in Downtown
- The Taco and Dilla Parlor: Luncha Libre Food Truck Goes Brick-and-Mortar
- Westward Brewing Co. in Central Phoenix Will Open Later This Summer — Here's a Peek Inside
- 100 Favorite Dishes 2015: Pork Chop at Mrs. White's Golden Rule Cafe