Passover Meals You Won't Want to Pass Over
Passover, or Pesach, is the Jewish festival commemorating the emancipation of Israelite slaves in Egypt. As with most holidays, there's a special place for food within the celebration. Whether you're looking for a place to dine out this Passover or want to host a family dinner this year but can't cook a brisket without burning it into cinders, check out these local restaurants offering Passover meals and goodies.
- Eddie's House at 7042 E. Indian School Rd. in Scottsdale is hosting a Passover dinner on Monday, March 29 and Tuesday, March 30. Look for matzoh ball soup, tomato and gefilte fish salad, choice of entrees and dessert.
- Enjoy a sit-down Passover meal at Scottsdale Cafe, 10211 N. Scottsdale Rd. in Scottsdale on Monday and Tuesday, or grab some brisket, kugel and stuffed cabbage to go and host your own seder at home. Visit scottsdalecafe.com.
- Head to any Valley Chompie's location Monday and Tuesday for a Passover dinner of chicken, brisket, turkey or salmon, appetizer, soup, sides and dessert. Cost is $30 adults, including wine; $15 children under 10. Visit Chompies.com for more info.
- For a certified Kosher takeout meal, stop by Segal's at 4818 N. 7th St. in Phoenix and score beef brisket, turkey breast, soup, vegetable and potato kugel.
- A Cuban restaurant seems like an unlikely place for a Seder, but Havana Patio Cafe at 6245 E. Bell Rd. in Scottsdale continues their annual Passover Dinner tradition at 6 p.m. this Monday. For $50, you'll get lamb, brisket, matzoh ball soup and desserts. Reservations are required; visit www.havanacafe-az.com.
- Sprinkles at 4501 N. Scottsdale Rd. in Scottsdale has flourless chocolate cupcakes topped with a Star of David for Passover. Pick up a dozen and impress your family.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Phoenix dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- The Parlor Releases Amaro Drinking List, With Plenty of Options
- Homemade Bagels at Back East Bagels in Tempe Are Perfect for Sandwiches
- Sisterhood of the Stove Event Featuring Top Arizona Women Chefs Returns for Second Year
- Hayden Flour Mills Featured in November Issue of Martha Stewart Living Magazine