Pita Jungle's New Ad Has Nothing to Do With Pitas or a Jungle: Discuss.
After you've finished giving your what-I-did-for-the-Fourth-of-July recap to your co-workers for the zillionth time, you're going to need something else to discuss. Here's a suggestion:
Scottsdale-based Pita Jungle, the Mediterranean-inspired healthy eating chain with over 15 locations throughout Arizona and California, has released its very first commercial. It's kind of about pitas (but not really), has nothing to do with a jungle, and is loosely influenced on spaghetti Westerns -- and when I say loosely I mean like how House of the Dead is loosely based on horror cinema.
Take a watch at the one-minute version of the ad (there's a thirty-second one out there, too) and feel free to use these handy, pre-made conversation starters. You're welcome.
- Did you see Laura Hahnefeld's blog post about the Pita Jungle ad? - Why does everyone but the healthy-eating cowboy have their shirts tucked in? - Do you think that bug went up his nose? - Why does the saloon barkeep stop the patron from pawing the prostitute? And more importantly, is that 'stache real? - When did goatees become so prominent in the Old West? - Dude, was that a rattlesnake!? - Why is no one drinking at this saloon? - Seriously, what is up with that billowy shirt? - Are Pita Jungle's pitas a quarter now? Awesome. - Wait, what did he say?
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Hidden Track Bottle Shop: Boutique Wine Store to Open This Summer in Downtown
- The Taco and Dilla Parlor: Luncha Libre Food Truck Goes Brick-and-Mortar
- Westward Brewing Co. in Central Phoenix Will Open Later This Summer — Here's a Peek Inside
- 100 Favorite Dishes 2015: Pork Chop at Mrs. White's Golden Rule Cafe