The 10 Best Cocktails for Your Holiday Party
Party season is full swing and the best way to make your holiday party a hit is to serve the best drinks in town. We have compiled a list of our favorite cocktails based on holiday desserts. Pick one to serve as a signature drink or stock up and try them all!
1. Sugar Cookie Martini - Sugar cookies are a Christmas staple but they will not get you drunk. This will. 2 ounces each of white chocolate liqueur, Bailey's Irish Cream, butterscotch schnapps and milk, shake, strain in to a martini glass and top with fresh whipped cream and sprinkles.
2. Oatmeal Cookie Shot - This favorite go-to shot for 21st birthdays is also appropriate for Christmas cheers. Beware, these shots are delicious and you may be tempted to drink a few too many. Mix equal parts Bailey's, Jagermeister, butterscotch schnapps plus a splash of Goldschlager in a shaker with ice, then strain into a rocks glass.
3. Pineapple Upside Down Cake - These shots are just sweet as they look. Mix 2 ounces vanilla vodka and 2 ounces pineapple juice, pour into a rocks glass and drizzle a small amount of grenadine down the side of the glass. The grenadine should sink to the bottom creating the effect of "cherries". Bottoms up!
4. Choco-Mint Brownie Martini - Similar to its cousin the Grasshopper, this vodka-heavy martini will help you forget about all those mean things your Great Aunt Trudy said about biological clocks and old maids. One ounce each of Creme de Menthe and chocolate vodka, 1/2 ounce each of Bailey's, vanilla vodka and Frangelico. Shake with ice and pour into an (optional) chocolate cookie rimmed martini glass.
5. Pumpkin Pie Martini - Skip the pie and head straight for the liquor cabinet after dinner with the Pumpkin Pie Martini. Two ounces of each pumpkin and cinnamon schnapps combined with milk or cream and a little sugar. Cool Whip and a sprinkle of cinnamon top off this heavenly cocktail.
6. The Snowman Sundae - We morphed this popular kid dessert into a sweet booze-filled mess that will look nothing like a snowman but should bring plenty of joy to your festive gathering. Combine equal parts vanilla vodka, Van Gogh Espresso Vodka, and Pinnacle Whipped Cream Vodka and cream. Serve over ice and garnish with a maraschino cherry, red vines and chocolate sprinkle, then pretend that you are 5 years old again.
7. The Almond Roca Cocktail - If you have never had Almond Roca, you are missing out. Chocolate and crushed almonds cover sweet layers of buttery toffee. Recreate this rich candy in a glass by combining equal parts amaretto, chocolate vodka, Frangelico and butterscotch schnapps. Serve over ice and enjoy!
8. Snickerdoodled - Winter wouldn't be the same without an overkill of cinnamon and sugar snickerdoodle cookies. You can go ahead and keep your cookies, we'll get our fix with the Snickerdoodled shot. 1 ounce of each amaretto, vanilla vodka and Bailey's shaken with ice then strained into a shot glass and garnished with cinnamon.
9. The Andy Cane - Of course we can't forget peppermint on our list. The Andy Cane combines peppermint schnapps and 100 proof, mint-tastic, German liqueur Rumple Minze with a splash of Apple Pucker and grenadine. A couple of these will have you warmed up and blacked out in time.
10. Hot Apple Pie - We saved the best for last. The Hot Apple Pie can be made one of two ways. Both versions are equally delicious and are guaranteed soul warmers. The cocktail version combines hot, real apple cider with 2 ounces of Italian Liqueur Tuaca topped off with whipped cream. Perfect for sipping by the fire. The shot version combines 3/4 of an ounce of Apple Pucker with 1 ounce of both sweet & sour and sprite, a splash of Goldschlager and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Just the shot for your holiday girls night out.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Phoenix dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.