The DTPHX City Sampler: Explore the Food and Drink of Downtown Phoenix -- On the Cheap
Whether you're trying to show your out-of-town guest how totally bad ass downtown Phoenix can be or just hoping to get to know the area yourself, we're pretty such you're going to want to know about The DTPHX City Sampler.
Starting on Friday, January 23 and running through Sunday, February 1 a handful of downtown Phoenix's best restaurants and bar and offering samples of their signature dishes or drinks for $5 each. The idea is to get people to explore all that the area has to offer, from craft beer and craft coffee to corn dogs and herb-infused mac n' cheese.
Each participating spot will be offering a sample of food or drink that's between three to six ounces or more. You can even map out your self-guided culinary tour of downtown on this online map provided by the Downtown Phoenix Partnership.
Check out a list of participating spots and what they'll be serving:
- A Touch of Yogurt: Hot fudge sundae or warm apple crisp and your choice of yogurt
- Angel's Trumpet Ale House: Two pours of any of 31 rotating taps of craft beer
- Carly's Bistro: Artichoke dip and Lumberyard Brewing Company Knotty Pine Ale
- Cartel Coffee Lab: Large cold brew or drip coffee and your choice of a Phoenix Public Market cookie
- District American Kitchen & Wine Bar: Any beer from 12 different Arizona breweries and two bacon wrapped dates or two pours of any Arizona craft beer
- FilmBar: Full-size craft beer and popcorn
- JOBOT Coffee & Diner: Iced toddy or hot drip coffee and breakfast burrito
- Melt: Any single scoop of ice cream and nachos
- Mother Bunch Brewing: Two samples of Mother Bunch beer and small basket of house-made salty pork rinds
- Mountainside Fitness: PB&J smoothie and peanut brittle smoothie samples
- Paz Taqueria y Cantina: Local draft beer and either a handmade chicken tinga or pork carnitas
- Phoenix Public Market Cafe: BBQ slider and beer or BBQ slider and wine
- Pita Jungle Downtown: Any draft beer and hummus
- Pizza People Pub: House-made turkey chili and any draft or house wine
- Short Leash Hot Dogs: Corndog bites and sausage meatballs
- Sing High Chop Suey House: Mini egg roll and cup of egg flower soup
- Songbird Coffee & Tea House: 12-ounce pour-over coffee and your choice of pastry
- The Breadfruit & Rum Bar: Full-size serving of the house-made rum punch
- The Corner CityScape: Historic Brewing Company Everyday Special and Historic Brewing company Opposable IPA
- The Rose & Crown: Any 16-ounce draft and sample of shepherd's pie
- The Turf: Local stout and THAT Roadrash IPA
- V's Barbershop CityScape: Mudshark Brewing Company Full Moon Belgian White Ale and Kona Brewing Company Longboard Lager
- Welcome Diner: Full-size whiskey sour and herb-infused mac and cheese
For more information check the Downtown Phoenix website.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Phoenix dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.