True Food at the Biltmore and Scottsdale Quarter is a local favorite for fresh and healthy food. One of the treats on the menu is a drink called The Natural. It is a fresh ginger and agave syrup soda. So this Thrifty Cook wondered if this could this be made at home. It is really simple and absolutely delicious. It is also a great stomach settler.
½ cup Agave Nectar
1 (3-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and finally chopped
1 cup Sparkling Water
Ginger Soda (pitcher)
½ Cup Ginger Syrup
3 Cups Sparkling Water
1. To make the syrup first peel the ginger
2. Next grate the ginger on a cheese grater
3. Measure out the Agave nectar (1/2 cup)
4. Measure out the Sparkling Water (1 cup)
5. Place the agave nectar, ginger, and sparkling water in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook until your house fills with a strong smell of ginger, about 1 hour. Let cool.
6. NOTE: you can refrigerate this mixture for up to 1 week
7. To make the soda: By the pitcher, combine ½ cup syrup with the soda water. By the glass, combine 2 teaspoons of the syrup with soda water
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
8. Pour over ice and serve cold