Monday, June 14, 2010 |
5 years ago
Last week we reported on Valrhona's exclusive demonstration for Valley pastry chefs and culinary professionals. Now you can try their chocolate truffle recipe at home.
Types of chocolate: Cocoa Powder & Le Noir 61%
Makes around 30 truffles
5 1/3 oz (2/3 cup) Heavy Cream
6.75 oz Le Noir 61% Baking Bar
1 oz Butter, room temperature
1 oz Honey
Cocoa Powder for dusting
Dark Chocolate Ganache
• Boil the cream and the honey. Pour 1/3 of this mixture over the chocolate.
• With a spatula, mix rapidly to obtain a smooth and glossy texture. Gradually add the remaining cream, making sure to keep the smooth and glossy emulsion.
• Mix until the chocolate is completely emulsified.
• Stir in softened butter and mix thoroughly. Leave to chill until set.
• Put in piping bag.
• Pipe small balls on the greaseproof paper chill. Roll ball between your hands to make a regular shape.
• Roll in cocoa powder.
If the truffles are not for children, you can add 1 oz of your preferred alcohol after the addition of butter.
If you can not find a piping bag at the store, use a large zipper bag and cut a small hole in one of the corner of the bottom of the bag
* * *
Recipes and photos courtesy of Valrhona Chocolate