The Super Bowl is but days away. Do you know what you're bringing to the party? Why not be the hero and make something to make the vegetarian friends happy? And no one needs to tell the meat eaters that those are veggie crumbles and not beef.
Make this chili the day before and if you don't take it to a Super Bowl party you'll have the large pot full all week long for left-overs.
Learn how to make Vegetarian Super Bowl Chili after the jump.
1 bag Frozen Veggie Crumbles
1 Med. Onion
1 Anaheim Chili (chopped with seeds removed)
1 Cup of Mushrooms
6 to 12 Garlic Cloves (depending on taste)
Salt and Pepper
2 Tblsp Chili Powder
2 Tspn ground Cumin
1 Tspn fresh Oregano
¼ Tspn ground Cloves
1 Large can Stewed Tomatoes
1 sm can Tomato Paste
1 can or Bottle of Beer
2 Tblsp Cocoa Powder
1 Tblsp brown Sugar
2 Cans Cannellini Beans
16 oz Veggie stock
1 cup of Shredded Cheese for serving
½ cup of green onions chopped for serving
Container of sour cream for serving
1. Place 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large frying pan, heat on low
2. Chop onion and place into heated oil in pan. Heat until clear
3. Add in garlic, Chili powder, oregano and cloves
4. Toss in chopped Mushrooms and chopped Anaheim Chili
5. Add in Veggie crumbles cook for 5 min.
6. Transfer to a large pot
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
7. Add in tomatoes, tomato paste, beer, veggie stock, brown sugar and cocoa powder
8. Heat to boiling, reduce to simmer, covered for 1 hour
9. Stir in beans and salt and pepper to taste
10. Ladle into bowls and serve with shredded cheese, green onions and sour cream on top.