Frozen drinks are decidedly old school, but six of Phoenix's top mixologists are bringing them back with inventive, well-balanced tipples replacing the sugary sweet frozen drinks of old. And, with the summer heat decidedly upon us, we couldn't be happier with this comeback.
Just watching these icy drinks whir is enough to make you feel a little cooler.
1. Brian Downing of Bitter & Twisted makes a jicama-blended beverage, the Jic-up (ha ha).
2. Toby Moniz of Mora Italian whips up a Rosé Snowball.
3. Ladera's Colton Brock makes the bar's signature Mezcolada.
Frozen wonderland video part two (next page).
4. Libby Lingua of Undertow makes a Missionary's Downfall.
5. Micah Olson of Okra makes his playful Julius Freezer.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
6. Riley Jones of Casa Anejo blends the perfect Mango Margarita.