In 2013, love came in many forms: girl on zombie, boy on smartphone, and James Franco on -- count 'em -- two hot bikini babes at the same damn time. Sure, romantic comedies are as extinct as Oprah Winfrey's chances of winning Best Supporting Actress at the Golden Globes, but audiences had plenty of onscreen couples worth snuggling up to watch with your own real-life human (or zombie or smartphone -- whatever makes your heart swoon).
See also: 2013's Most Memorable On-Screen Villains
21. Melissa McCarthy and Zach Galifianakis in The Hangover Part III
20. Nicholas Hoult and Teresa Palmer in Warm Bodies
© 2013 - Sony Pictures Classics
18. Rebel Wilson and Anthony Mackie in Pain and Gain
17. Rachel McAdams and Domnhall Gleeson in About Time
Photo by Daniel McFadden - © 2013 Relativity Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
15. Hugh Jackman and Kate Winslet in Movie 43
14. Jessica Chastain and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau in Mama
13. Vin Diesel and Michelle Rodriguez in Fast & Furious 6
12. Isla Fisher and Joel Edgerton in The Great Gatsby
11. Sarah Polley's mom and Sarah Polley's dads in Stories We Tell
Photos by Murray Close
9. Amy Acker and Alexis Denisof in Joss Whedon's Much Ado About Nothing
© 2013 - Cinedigm © 2013 - A24
6. Olivia Wilde and Jake Johnson in Drinking Buddies
5. Adele Exarchopolous and Léa Seydoux in Blue is the Warmest Color
4. Miles Teller and Shailene Woodley in The Spectacular Now
3. Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy in Before Midnight
Photo by Courtesy of Warner Bros. Picture - © 2013 - Untitled Rick Howard Company LLC Photo by Anne Marie Fox - © 2013 Butler Films, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Keep Phoenix New Times Free... Since we started Phoenix New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Phoenix, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Phoenix with no paywalls.