In 2013, love came in many forms: girl on zombie, boy on smartphone, and James Franco on -- count 'em -- two hot bikini babes at the same damn time. Sure, romantic comedies are as extinct as Oprah Winfrey's chances of winning Best Supporting Actress at the Golden Globes, but audiences had plenty of onscreen couples worth snuggling up to watch with your own real-life human (or zombie or smartphone -- whatever makes your heart swoon).
See also: 2013's Most Memorable On-Screen Villains
21. Melissa McCarthy and Zach Galifianakis in The Hangover Part III
20. Nicholas Hoult and Teresa Palmer in Warm Bodies
© 2013 - Sony Pictures Classics
18. Rebel Wilson and Anthony Mackie in Pain and Gain
17. Rachel McAdams and Domnhall Gleeson in About Time
Photo by Daniel McFadden - © 2013 Relativity Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
15. Hugh Jackman and Kate Winslet in Movie 43
14. Jessica Chastain and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau in Mama
13. Vin Diesel and Michelle Rodriguez in Fast & Furious 6
12. Isla Fisher and Joel Edgerton in The Great Gatsby
11. Sarah Polley's mom and Sarah Polley's dads in Stories We Tell
Photos by Murray Close
9. Amy Acker and Alexis Denisof in Joss Whedon's Much Ado About Nothing
© 2013 - Cinedigm © 2013 - A24
6. Olivia Wilde and Jake Johnson in Drinking Buddies
5. Adele Exarchopolous and Léa Seydoux in Blue is the Warmest Color
4. Miles Teller and Shailene Woodley in The Spectacular Now
3. Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy in Before Midnight
Photo by Courtesy of Warner Bros. Picture - © 2013 - Untitled Rick Howard Company LLC Photo by Anne Marie Fox - © 2013 Butler Films, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!