In January the seventh annual contemporary dance festival Breaking Ground will take place at Tempe Center for the Arts. The two-day event will include performances, films, and more. Tickets for the event are already on sale now -- and we've got the list of Main Stage Artists who will be participating.
Breaking Ground 2014 takes place January 24 and 25 at the Tempe Center for the Arts. Main Stage Artists have been accepted for the showcase from all over the world. The event serves as an opportunity to support emerging choreographers and invite artists from outside Phoenix to come share their work.
The Main Stage Artists for Breaking Ground 2014 are:
- Sheena Annalise of Arch Contemporary Ballet
- Carley Conder of Conder/dance
- Jordan Daniels
- Mary Fitzgerald of Mary Fitzgerald Dance
- Lindsay Gauthier
- Jenny Gerena
- Chad Michael Hall/MULTIPLEX
- Cara Hagan
- Keith Johnson of California State University, Long Beach Department of Dance
- Stephanie Liapis
- RJ Muna
- Stephanie Nugent
- Britta Joy Peterson
- Kristopher Q. Pourzal (video below)
- Nadar Rosano
- Leanne Schmidt of Leanna Schmidt and Company
- Boris Seewald
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Phoenix New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Phoenix's stories with no paywalls.