Consignment/resale boutique Darling Jen opened three weeks ago, and the stylish new store in Phoenix's Arcadia neighborhood has already become a local hotspot for classy fashion and unique collectibles, with excellent cause.
It's clear that owner Jennifer Hernandez, who operated a jewelry business with her husband for 8 years, knows her stuff. The store sells mostly womenswear, but Hernandez focuses on quality, hard-to-find items: cue practically brand-new Alexander McQueen trousers, vintage Chanel bags and flawless home décor.
We stopped by to check out the goods. Find out what we'd take, what we'd leave and why we'd go back after the jump.
Things We're Taking Home:
1. Vintage Lanvin scarf: Still in excellent condition, this will always be classic and always be in style ($55).
2. O'Neill Summer Frock: Flirty, comfortable and a steal at $21.99.
3. Antique Pink Depression Glass with Metal Farberware: Fill it with butter mints and add vintage character to that unused coffee table for $38.
4. Silk Checkered Poncho: Adorn this funky poncho with a vintage brooch and save it for a cool autumn evening ($24.99).
5. Fine Bone China Tomato Napkin Rings: Forget Pier One for cute table décor; these napkin rings are fun and one-of-a-kind ($24.99 for four).
Things On Our Wishlist:
1. Alexander McQueen Scarves: These discounted designer scarves may still seem like a lot of dough, but their trademark skulls and springy colors make them wishlist must-haves ($150 ea).
2. See by Chloe top: This gorgeous mauve top is light enough for summer and comes with whimsical beaded fringe on the sleeves: $59.99.
3. Burberry Bag: an immaculate, feminine purse from the famed British design house for $225.
4. Giorgio Armani Cream Embroidered Vest: Perfect for elegant '80s glam and reasonably-priced at $39.99.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Phoenix New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Phoenix's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
We Left Behind...
A stunning, large amethyst bracelet, just because it may take awhile to save up the $420.
Why We'd Go Back...
The shop is quickly accumulating some unique and valuable art. We'd love to see what's in store.
Darling Jen is located at 4234 E. Indian School Rd. in Phoenix. They are open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Check out their website and Facebook page for more info.