Artist: El Mac
El Mac's Phoenix Goddess is an older example of the muralist's work on a historic apartment complex about a block east of Zoe's Kitchen on McDowell Road. After his mural was painted over this week on Grand Avenue, it's one of a few Mac pieces that remains untouched in his hometown.
The countdown to Best of Phoenix continues! Last year, we profiled 100 Creatives who made a mark on the local arts scene. This year, we'll have 100 creative representations of Phoenix. No scope or requirement on medium or size -- we'll include photography, painting, sculpture, video, installation, literary, and more. What do you see when you Imagine PHX?
Kyle DeWitt's Tempe Center for the ArtsArnold Guerrero's Camelback Mountain
88. Sean Deckert's Ginae vs. the 12th Street Gang
87. Pete Petrisko's Admiral of Phoenix
86. Quincy Ross' Lone Skyscraper
85. Andrew Armstrong's Illustrated Cityscape
84. Thomas Schultz's Phoenix Artifact
83. Adrian Lesoing's N. Evergreen
82. Suzanne Falk's Kon Tiki Hotel
81. Lindz Lew's Bon Voyeur
80. Kevin Patterson's Phoenix Swamp Beast
79. Ramy Sidarous' Three Windows
78. Will Mejia's Orpheum Theatre
77. Steve Weiss' Portrait of Louis Lee
76. Larry Willis' Apparition on East McDowell
75. Claire Warden's Untitled No. 3
74. Randy Zucker's Dancing Saguaro
73. Robert Brandan Martinez's Medical Cannabis Tax Stamp
72. Edward Jensen's Phoenix Financial CenterMark Dudlik's Phoenix ReboundEric Iwersen's The Saguaros Have Been Here the Longest
61. A Military Parade in Phoenix (c. 1888)
58. Brad Armstrong's Phoenix Carnival
57. B. Spiderman's "... And I Never Did Get That Pony Either"
56. Colton Brock's 810 N. 4th St.
55. Melanie and Michelle Craven's Twin Cactus
54. 407 E Roosevelt St.
53. Betty Schlueter's "The Sonoran"
52. Saskia Jorda's "You are Here - Part I: Migration"
51. Tempe's Mill Avenue (c. 1930)
50. Michael and Kemper Goodwin's City Hall
49. Cornelius Keyes' Dust Storm Over Phoenix
48. Melissa McGurgan's Home Suite Home: PHX
47. Fred Tieken's Western Civilization
45. Brian Brook's Phoenix Arm
44. Kristin Heggli's Downtown Architecture
32. Laura Spalding Best's "Tarnish No. 1"
Have a suggestion for a Phoenix icon by a local creative? Leave it in the comments section or email [email protected]