Scottsdale boutique Green with Ivy knows a thing or two about eco-conscious living, but don't worry, no one's forcing you to buy recycled toilet paper. Located at the Borgata in Scottsdale, the store originally opened for parents who have kids with allergies -- mainly selling chemical-free infant and children's products -- but has since expanded to clothing, jewelry, and some home wares - all made without harmful synthetics.
The shop features easy, stylish clothing (for men and women) that we'd actually wear, and the kids' apparel, toys, and accessories are colorful and fun. Owner Ivy Ciolli and her staff want consumers to have environmentally-friendly choices no matter what they're looking for -- whether it's a summery maxi dress, toys for the kids, or paint for the kitchen.
We stopped by to check out the goods. Find out what we'd take, what we'd leave and why we'd go back after the jump.
Things We're Taking Home:
1. I Play Kids Sneakers for $15: They're not just cuter than Crocs: these lightweight, waterproof sneakers are also made with PVC-free material.
2. Clementine Art Supplies: Charming and chemical-free free art supplies ranging from $7 to $16.
3. Mad Pax Backpacks: They're for the kids, but we kind of want to look like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, too: $58.
4. Moon Valley Organics Soap: For $6, wash up naturally in an array of fresh scents like oatmeal, mint kelp, or calendula.
5. Threads 4 Thought Beach hats: Be stylishly prepared for next week's beach vacation: $24.
Things On Our Wishlist:
1. Gypsy Organic Cotton Uneven Maxi Dress: Pretty, simple, and comfortable: $139.
2. Matt & Nat Bags: Hard to tell that these are made from recycled bottles and fabrics, but save up, because these go for around $175.
3. Koralia belts: Created in Greece from recycled copper and coated in silver or 14-carat gold, these belts would add some bling to that maxi dress ($99).
4. Threads 4 Thought Men's Zip Hoodie: Forget Hollister for bonfire-on-the-beach-wear; these are made from organic cotton for $48.
We Left Behind...
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Phoenix New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Phoenix's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
Prairie Underground Hoodies. For over $200 bucks each, we'd rather save our money for one of those bags.
Why We'd Go Back...
Where else can you find eco-friendly clothing that doesn't look like a burlap sack? We've added this place to our list of local shopping favorites.
Green With Ivy is located at 6166 N. Scottsdale Road in Scottsdale. They are open Monday through Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Sunday from 12 to 5 p.m.