Continuing Manifestos, a collection of 10(ish) life lessons and rules written by local creatives and illustrated by local designers.
Up today, lessons learned by local writer Deborah Sussman, illustrated below by Anton Anger:
1. Cliches are almost always excellent advice, once you figure out what they actually mean.
2. Art is not a luxury.
3. Everything in moderation, including moderation.
4. Black is the new black. Those who say otherwise are trying to sell you something.
5. Everybody has a story, but not everyone should be a writer.
6. If you're bored, pay attention.
7. Don't buy cheap shoes.
8. Anyone who maintains there's no such thing as the truth probably has something to hide.
9. Respect is essential to true love.
10. In the words of the Staple Singers: If you don't respect yourself, ain't nobody gonna give a good cahoot.-- Deborah Sussman
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!