Artist: Michael Matthew Woodlee
This photograph was made at a lake outside of Phoenix. When summer arrives, I try to leave to explore the lakes we have here, as I did when I was a kid.
I was born in Phoenix in 1984 and have lived here ever since. Living here has allowed me to see and explore the city and its surrounding areas. I seek to explore and find new adventures.
96.Kyle DeWitt's Tempe Center for the Arts
89.Arnold Guerrero's Camelback Mountain
88.Sean Deckert's Ginae vs. the 12th Street Gang
87.Pete Petrisko's Admiral of Phoenix
86.Quincy Ross' Lone Skyscraper
85.Andrew Armstrong's Illustrated Cityscape
84.Thomas Schultz's Phoenix Artifact
83.Adrian Lesoing's N. Evergreen
82.Suzanne Falk's Kon Tiki Hotel
81.Lindz Lew's Bon Voyeur
80.Kevin Patterson's Phoenix Swamp Beast
79.Ramy Sidarous' Three Windows
78.Will Mejia's Orpheum Theatre
77.Steve Weiss' Portrait of Louis Lee
76.Larry Willis' Apparition on East McDowell
75.Claire Warden's Untitled No. 3
74.Randy Zucker's Dancing Saguaro
73.Robert Brandan Martinez's Medical Cannabis Tax Stamp
72.Edward Jensen's Phoenix Financial Center
70.Mark Dudlik's Phoenix Rebound
66.Eric Iwersen's The Saguaros Have Been Here the Longest
61. A Military Parade in Phoenix (c. 1888)
58. Brad Armstrong's Phoenix Carnival
57. B. Spiderman's "... And I Never Did Get That Pony Either"
56. Colton Brock's 810 N. 4th St.
55. Melanie and Michelle Craven's Twin Cactus
54. 407 E Roosevelt St.
53. Betty Schlueter's "The Sonoran"
52. Saskia Jorda's "You are Here - Part I: Migration"
51. Tempe's Mill Avenue (c. 1930)
50. Michael and Kemper Goodwin's City Hall
49. Cornelius Keyes' Dust Storm Over Phoenix
48. Melissa McGurgan's Home Suite Home: PHX
47. Fred Tieken's Western Civilization
45. Brian Brook's Phoenix Arm
44. Kristin Heggli's Downtown Architecture
43.Jill Johnson's Downtown Is ...
39.Sebastien Millon's "Phoenix. It's Fabulous."
32. Laura Spalding Best's "Tarnish No. 1"
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Phoenix New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Phoenix's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
Have a suggestion for a Phoenix icon by a local creative? Leave it in the comments section or email Claire.Lawton@newtimes.com