Many local party animals spent this past weekend getting a jump on Halloween at all the freaky fiestas and crazy costume balls that went down in both Phoenix and Scottsdale. The thing is, the actual observation of Halloween doesn't takes place until tomorrow night, which means there are still a few parties left to be attended. Well, for those who have recovered from their weekend shenanigans, however.
So if you've still happen to have a wee bit of mojo left, a few of the more popular nightlife joints and dance parlors have some special shenanigans planned on Wednesday. Think of it as one last chance to break out that costume one more time, partake in drink specials, and maybe fill the wallet with some cash.
See also: 11 Must-See Halloween Parties in Metro Phoenix
See also: Costumes of Halloween Weekend: The Bad, The Ugly, and The NSFW
See also: Halloween Guide 2012
7. EPIQ Nightclub The newest arrival to Old Town Scottsdale nightlife scene will get into the spirit of the scary season on Wednesday night when it celebrates its first-ever Halloween. British-born proprietor Joe Fournier will fly in his native countrywoman (and urban music spinstress extraordinaire) DJ Kayper to work the mixers inside the glitzy club. Doors open at 9 p.m. Cover charge varies. Call 602-733-3011 for more details.
6. World of Beer Need some cash? If you've got a killer costume to show off, the hops-heads and brew-lovers down at World of Beer on Mill Avenue are giving away $500 in cold, hard cash to the person who nabs first place in their costume contest during the "WOBoween Party" on Wednesday. Second and third place finishers will receive a $250 and $100 gift cards, respectively. Winners will be decided by an audience vote, which give you plenty of incentive to roll into the place with a big crew in tow. And if they're students at local colleges, they can also partake in half-off deals on select drafts and plenty of pumpkin drafts, chocolate stouts, and other fitting brews will also be on tap. The party starts at 9 p.m.
5. El Hefe The booths and bar at this Saddlebag Trail party pen will be filled with bizarre beasts and other creatures of the night as El Hefe will host its "Party Like An Animal" affair on Wednesday. According to its Facebook page, animal costumes are "strongly recommended" for the freaky fiesta, which will involve "lions, tigers, and beers." Oh my. The best dressed party animal will receive $500. Doors open at 8 p.m.
4. Firehouse Scottsdale The Firehouse will become The Slaughterhouse as the popular Old Town bar will boast spooky decorations and an actual haunted attraction on the premises during its Halloween night party on Wednesday that will feature "real props and scary actors." If you're in the mod for something besides thrills and chills, as costume contest with cash prizes ($500 for first place, $300 for second, and $100 for third) is planned and Death to the Throne will be spinning dance hits in the DJ booth. The party starts at 9 p.m. (Meanwhile, the Firehouse's Tempe location will also offer a similar haunted attraction and DJ performances at its affair, which also kicks off at 9 p.m.)
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Phoenix New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Phoenix's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
3. Bar Smith Rumps will be bumping during LayLow's Shake That Ass Halloween on Wednesday night up on Bar Smith's rooftop. Naturally, costumes are encouraged and the soundtrack will be provided by a slew of such DJs as Ariel, Ted Hardly, and Adam Arlia, as well as the hip-hop artists of Def Star. The drink slingers behind the bar will also be pouring such specials as $2 PBRs, $3 well drinks, $3 bottled beers, and $4 imports. Doors open at 9:30 p.m. Admission is $5 after 10:30 p.m.
2.Margarita Rocks The two-story Tempe beach-themed dance club will team up with local hard rock radio station KUPD to present its "Nightmare on Fourth Street Party" on Halloween. Besides a slew of "crazy drink specials," the Wednesday night haunted hootenanny will dole out a total of $2,000 in cash and prizes during a swank costume contest. Doors open at 8 p.m.
1. American Junkie The bartenders, waitstaff, and other employees of this Scottsdale hotspot will adorn themselves with costumes inspired by Maurice Sendak's childhood classic Where The Wild Things Are during American Junkie's Halloween night party. A costume contest will transpire with prizes like primo champagne and Victoria's Secret gift cards will be awarded to the winners of such categories as "best group," "sexiest," "scariest," and "most creative." Dance music will be provided by Sgt. Slick, Starmarz, and Collective Chaos and a variety of dry ice cocktails and specials like $3 Ketel One, Fireball, and Cafe Patron will be served. Doors open at 8 p.m.