It's nearing summer, which means sunglasses are no longer a fashion statement but a necessity. But let's not let the personal style go.
We picked up a pair of bedazzled shades in Mesa's The Goods Store and decided to use a little inspiration to jazz up our own pair (and an equally necessary carrying case) by adding a healthy dose of cabochons, which can found in many stores on Etsy and at local crafty spots including SAS.
For the Glasses:
1. Buy, beg, or steal a pair of undecorated sunglasses.
2. Nab a stash of cabochons.
3. Using E-6000 glue, attach the cabochons to the sunglasses. TIP: you may need to hold them in place with painters tape until they dry completely over night
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
For the Case:
1. Lay sunglasses out on a double layer piece of wool felt, trim to the correct size
2. Cut top edge with pinking sheers
3. Using a sewing machine and matching thread, sew the two sides and the bottom of the case.
4. Using E-6000, glue your cabochons to your case.
5. Load the case with your glasses and you are ready to go!