One new idea for every day in 2011. We're talking big, small, local, international, in action and on the drawing board. Here's today's -- what's yours?
If Foster Huntington's house was ever on fire, he knows exactly what he'd take -- the New York-based blogger has made a list, photographed the items, and is now asking others to do the same.
The Burning House Project started with a question, "If your house was burning, what would you take with you?"
"It's a conflict between what's practical, valuable and sentimental," he writes. "What you would take reflects your interests, background and priorities. Think of it as an interview condensed into one question."
He asks this one question to people of all ages, all over the world. To the right is Tara O'Brady's list.
Check out a description after the jump ...
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Phoenix New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Phoenix's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
Name: Tara O'Brady
Location: Niagara, Ontario, Canada
Occupation: I cook a lot, and sometimes write about it. I take pictures, too. '
* Camera bag, with a hard drive, passport and my grandmother's recipe notebooks inside (my camera is around my neck)
* A pair of doves from my parents' wedding cake
* A brass bell from India that rings pure and true
* The baby spoons we had made upon the birth of each of our sons
* The chef's knife I use the most
* My favourite sandals
* A polaroid
* My phone
* An inlaid box of tiny treasures
* Sunglasses, because I squint terribly in glare
* The pens I like
* A sandalwood box of slightly larger treasures
* Collected Shakespeare from 1882 underneath an early edition of Great Expectations
* Champagne corks from important days
* More photographs
* Notebooks, one from Japan that I've just finished filling, another that I've just begun
* A dress with some history
* A belt that I can say the same for
* The locket my husband gave me the day we were married.
See more lists at the Burning House Project website.