Crowds of local artists and sticker fans, er, fiends, took over Cartel Coffee Lab in Tempe on Friday night to buy, sell, trade, and stash tons of small- and large-scale artworks by each other as well as huge sticker names including MadOne, Dumperfoo, OBEY, Hero, Ticky, Mas, and Seamo.
DJs spun, a few artists painted cars and news boxes in the parking lot, and everyone went home with a sticker ... or two.
1. Creature by Ticky, a Philadelphia-based artist who hand illustrates and cuts every sticker.
2. Hand stencil, unsigned on a "Hello My Name Is" sticker.
3. "Bebot Runs My City" by 2D on a mailing label.
4. "I Am Banksy," a photo-turned-sticker of street art taken in Tempe.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Phoenix New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Phoenix's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
5. Panda by Hero, an artist who splits time between Phoenix and Los Angeles.