Fall means pie, and no one knows it better than our foodie sister blog, Chow Bella.
We wait all summer to get at the gooey-filled crust, so now that the season has finally arrived (and there's an event to attend), why not show how we really feel about our favorite dessert with a felt pie necklace?
Learn how to make your own pie loving necklace after the jump.
Metal Jump Ring
1. Draw your pie design on a piece of paper.
2. Cut the design out (this will serve as your template).
3. Grab a piece of brown felt and fold it in half.
4. Place the paper pie template on top of the felt, with the bottom folded over.
5. Cut out the pie shape with scissors -- do not cut across the bottom.
6. Using embroidery floss in the color of your choice and an embroidery needle, stitch on a design to the front of the pie shape.
7. Once the design is stitched on tie off the floss on the back side.
8. Now make a loop with the embroidery floss at the tie of your pie shape, this will act as your hanging loop. Use tape to hold the floss in place.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Phoenix New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Phoenix's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
9. At your sewing machine stitch around most of the pie shape, leaving a small opening where you can place batting material to give your shape dimension.
10. Now sew that final area closed either by hand or with your machine.
11. Add a metal jump ring to the floss loop and then a plastic clasp that you can find at craft stores.
12. Finally loop a ribbon through the clasp and tie it off at the top
Now it is ready to wear as your declaration of pie love (and go to the Pie Social)! Enjoy!