People cashed in favors, called up relatives and took advantage of media access to score an in to the invite-only H&M VIP preview Tuesday night.
Didn't land your name on the list? Here's a sneak peak of what's in store for Thursday's grand opening at Scottsdale Fashion Square.
Let's cut to the chase and show you the photos.
You can believe the hype: H&M is the place to score a few outfits for the fraction of the cost of big name labels -- as long as you're game for the hunt. The latest store, however, is surprisingly organized and has a well-edited selection ranging from basics (like the outfits below) to bizarre that are well worth the search.
The Fashion Rundown: The low price basics are the main draw (and the most reliable find). Unexpected twists like front seams on women's tees and chambray plackets on men's polos add interest to otherwise run-of-the-mill wardrobe staples.
- Menswear takes center stage in the spacious lower level (alleviating male shopping anxiety?) and Men's accessories are near the back.
- Upstairs, women can expect tighter quarters brimming with everything from lingerie to outerwear - and don't forget the accessories. H&M seems to be trying hard to please everyone, so the range of styles to select from is huge.
- Beware of the young women's section replete with corny message tees and you-get-what-you pay for dresses.
- Avoid the line by avoiding the dressing room. Wear loose-fitting clothes so you can toss on shirts, jackets and accessories without having to suffer behind the noisy girl on her cellphone.
- Even though doors open at noon, the red carpet (and hordes of tweens/Scottsdale moms) will be arrive at 7 a.m.. Plan to be there early.
- If you're within the first 200 people in line, you'll receive an H&M t-shirt and an Access to Fashion Pass (gift card) valued from $10 to $300.
- Be aggressive, but don't pull something a la these women below at an H&M opening in France.