Here's a view of the Grand Canyon you don't get everyday, in this photograph taken by an astronaut aboard the International Space Station.
The ISS has been manned for more than 13 years now, which had led to plenty of picture-taking opportunities across the world. Below, check out other shots taken of Arizona over the years, all of which were taken from the ISS, except for one, which was taken from the Space Shuttle Columbia:
- Another view of the Grand Canyon, taken back in 2003:
- Phoenix at night, taken in March 2013:
- The Horseshoe 2 Fire in southeastern Arizona, taken in May 2011:
- Open-pit mines, northwestern Arizona, in January 2010:
- The New Cornelia Mine, next to Ajo, taken in 2002:
- The city of Page, taken in 2003:
Got a tip? Send it to: Matthew Hendley.