This year we're marking the hundred-day countdown to Best of Phoenix 2015 by sharing some of our favorite dishes at restaurants all over the Valley. Have a suggestion for a dish you'd like us to try? Leave it in the comments section or email email@example.com.
67. Aloo Tikki Chaat at Little India
Part market and part casual eatery, Little India delivers a dose of culinary adventure to those who are bored with the usual Indian fare offered at Valley restaurants. In addition to three well-stocked aisles of groceries and food products, the Tempe market has a kitchen — and from this kitchen you can order from a menu of Northern Indian snacks called chaat.
There's only a handful of tables tucked into the back corner of the store and to order you'll have to take a checklist menu, select your choices, and hand it to the cooks. The list of options can be overwhelming at first, but the truth is, no matter what you choose, you're bound to get something delicious.
If you're looking for a safe place to start your exploration, try the samosa, an order of pani puri, and the aloo tikki chaat. The last dish comes with two potato cakes smothered in yellow peas, yogurt, tamarind and mint chutney, cilantro, and onions. The colors of the dish are almost as bold as the flavors, which come together to make a dish that's bright and comforting all at once.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Phoenix New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Phoenix's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
The 100 Favorite Dishes so far...
100. Waffle at Matt's Big Breakfast
99. Pacific White Fish Taco at La Santisima
98. Beef Roll at Taiwan Food Express
97. Zinc Burger at Zinc Bistro
96. Goat Biryani at Khyber Halal
95. Key Lime Doughnut at Welcome Chicken + Donuts
94. Chicharrón Prensado Quesadilla at La Merced
93. Moist Succulent Pork Chop at Mrs. White's Golden Rule Cafe
92. Deep Fried Squid with Salt and Pepper from Nee House Chinese Cuisine
91. Coconut Raspberry Brownie at Karl's Quality Bakery
90. Fried Chicken at Phoenix Public Market Cafe
89. The Tyler at Cheese 'N Stuff
88. Hurricane Popcorn at Bitter & Twisted Cocktail Parlour
87. Ceviche at El Chullo
86. Date Shake at Couscous Express
85. Red Bean and Rice Burger at Liberty Market
84. Banh Thit Nguoi at Da Vang
83. Breakfast Sandwich at Ollie Vaughn's
82. Crispy Pig Ears at Crudo
81. Parillada at Asadero Norte De Sonora
80. Warm Jar of King Crab and Butter at Little Cleo's Seafood Legend
79. Pumpkin Spice Macaron at Essence Bakery
78. Falafel Sandwich at Al Hana Restaurant
77. Sheng Jian Bao at DingHao Shanghai
76. Baked Vegetable Pesto at Oven + Vine
75. Pollo Guisado at FrinGo's Kitchen
74. Aloo Paratha at Tahoora Grill
73. Exotic Mushroom Pan Fry at Cowboy Ciao
72. Otro Cortado Salad at Otro Cafe
71. The Standard with Cheese at The Stand
70. Kimchee Bokum Bap at Hodori
69. The 301 Pizza at Forno 301
Follow Chow Bella on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.